Window coverings such as curtains and blinds can harbour bacteria and fungal spores within dust and dirt that settles on them or through constant contact with our hands.
Integrated blinds are a range of blinds that are in-built within the double glazed sealed unit of the window and can be operated by a number of control methods.
Integrated blinds represent a perfect answer for privacy, shading light and reducing heat from direct sunlight and when incorporated within sealed units, offer a totally hygienic solution making them perfect for hospitals, schools and creches as well as for the home.
The blinds are maintenance free and as they are sealed within the glazing of the window, they require no cleaning.
- Manually operated for precise control
- Blinds can be raised or lowered to suit the weather conditions
- Blinds can be tilted to regulate precisely the level of light and heat entering the home or office
- Unbeatable protection against glare and build – up of heat
- Cannot get dirty or dusty
- Slats cannot be damaged
- Provide complete privacy
- Can be combined with a range of toughened / high performance glasses
- Choice of 9 coloured slats / 8 pleated fabrics (see colour charts)
- Manual operation with continuous cord loop
- Motorised – with remote control on request
- Suitable for all vertical window applications
- Ideal for conservatories, kitchens and bathrooms as well as folding / sliding door systems
- The ideal solution for hospital blinds
- width (mm): 300 – 1,000
- height (mm) 300 – 2,000
- 4 mm internal glass only
Sizes outside above dimensions available on request
Comfort and control for your home
Diamond integrated blinds are an advanced tilting and lifting blind system designed specifically for residential applications, and is the ideal choice for conservatories, kitchens and bathrooms.
It offers outstanding control against glare and build-up of heat, and is operated by an external drive system enabling the homeowner to regulate their own comfort.
The slim integral blind is sealed within the insulated glazing unit, so it will never get dirty and cannot be damaged.
In a Diamond integrated blind system, the blind (venetian or pleated) is encapsulated within two glass panes, e.g. in a double glazing unit. The movement of the blind, for manual or motorised systems, does not compromise the insulating properties of the double glazing unit, and therefore operates in a totally sealed environment.
The system’s characteristics ensure total protection against dirt, dust or weather conditions, and therefore blinds do not require any maintenance. The magnetic components have an almost indefinite life cycle having a loss of magnetic attraction of around 2% per 100 years.
The wide product choice and versatility of operation make Diamond blind systems suitable for all types of framing systems.
Solar shading properties
A double glazing unit with an integrated blind is an excellent screen against solar radiation and allows the user to quickly and easily adjust the internal lighting level. It also allows convenient control of temperature by the tilting of the slats (in case of venetian blinds) or by lowering the blind (in case of pleated blinds).
RESIDENTIAL double glazing blind system
Blinds type: SL20C Venetian, SL20C pleated
SL20C Venetian and pleated standard control housing: transparent with light grey cord
4 mm internal glass only
Blinds type: SL20S pleated
SL20S pleated control device: light grey